Sunday 29 April 2012

Image Experimentation

I've been struggling with ideas on my current focus of "Body language" again, It feels quite hard to make an immediate appropriate response! So to stop being in such a rut I decided to play around with some images based on the more literal sense of a message. I did some first hand drawings of and old telephone with stick and ink, as well as pencil, wax crayon and graphite, the idea being that a phone is another way of interpreting a message, albeit more physical than interactive.

I really enjoyed experimenting with the media, the stick and ink gave a really nice loose feeling to an otherwise accurate drawing, as well as the combination of green and black making the image stand out more.   The composition was quite interesting as I based the phone right in the middle of the page, but it looked too empty on the paper so I wrote on certain bits of type from the phone itself, e.g. "ABC" "123" (dialing digits), this gave it a more graphically focused composition; I'm really interested in the use of type and image.


I added this because I thought braile would be quite interesting to look at, the use of symbols as words / letters.

No comments:

Post a Comment