Monday 16 April 2012

Final Major Project

So at college we've started our "Final Major Project", it's a 10 week project as part of our confirmatory stage, in this we choose our own theme for the project and must carry out research, that should lead to a thought out final response. 


I had trouble picking a theme for mine as I didn't want to seem too cliché, in the sense that people could instantly guess what it was, I wanted there to be some guesswork to it. At first I looked at stuff like "Street Art", I really like the rebellious of it, that it challenged the mainstream, however it didn't feel like I could really take this as my own without copying someone else. Then I moved onto "shock tactics", the idea being that I could really communicate something to a view, something that would really catch their attention, maybe not always in a good way either... Again it just seemed as if it had already been done a million times before.


Eventually I came up with the theme of "Messages", I really like this idea and got quite excited about it, it's broad enough so that I can look at literal means i.e. phones, email; but I'm more interested in the less obvious things, the way we get messages across, how do we interpret those messages? I think it ties nicely into my previous ideas as it takes the "interpret" aspect from both street art and shock tactics, it's more about HOW we look at things than actually looking AT them.

No comments:

Post a Comment