Friday 9 March 2012

Gary Oldman, Pretty in Ink

Here's another one of my final ideas for the Little White lies Brief that we've recently finished, I'm really happy with how this turned out, the contrast of  the black and white works really nicely. Compared to some of my other ideas the form of this image is much less structured, because I drew the original image from 2ft away with a stick in ink, the portrait has a loose/flowing feel. I used courier (Again) but this time I drew it freehand in ink onto cardboard then scanned it in, I wanted the text to retain some of it's hand drawn feel, as the shapes aren't all perfect but I still cleaned a lot of the bleed up on photoshop; I think it's worked rather nicely.

The main idea for this image was to make it all a bit of a jumble, because the film's about secrecy I wanted the text to appear coded/embedded, as if it's emerging from the image of Oldman.

No comments:

Post a Comment