Friday 3 February 2012

Looking Up.. On Photoshop!

Checkered Sky




I made this image as part of my development for the project 'Looking up/Looking down' I'm really happy with how this image turned out! Due to the sheer number of squares and their dominance as a focus point, I wanted to keep the total number of focuses to 3, to prevent the overall image from looking too busy. 


The contrast between the graph paper and the blue sky make a really nice / subtle background for the squares to be placed on top of, helping them really stand out. I got the idea of the squares from the original image, where there were 3 buildings, one of which was covered in these large squares, resembling a cheese grater! I tried using the building in the composition but it looked too busy, so I removed the building and re-drew the squares myself on photoshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment